Server Error in '/Reports' Application.
Configuration ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: Cannot use 'partitionResolver' unless the mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'.
Line 133: webParts
Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\web.config Line: 135
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832
Here are the steps I followed to resolve this issue:
- Locate the Web.config file for reporting services
- Usually located in "DRIVE:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.5\Reporting Services\ReportManager"
- Save a copy of web.config file (as web_old.config)
- Open the web.config file and search for "sessionState mode"
- Add partitionResolverType="" as shown below
- Save the web.config file
- Try to access report manager http://servername/reports